Bars are a great place to go when you want to meet new friends, socialize and to be entertained. Many bars have live music, pool tables, dart games and so forth to make it more interesting and provide you with things to do while socializing. You can join in on one these activities or choose to sit on the bar stools and sip on your favorite drink while enjoying the music.
Most everyone has a favorite bar they enjoy spending time in but how do you go about choosing a favorite bar. There are several factors that separate a regular boring bar from a great one. Some of these are listed below.
What to look for in a great bar:
– A great atmosphere with music is a must. Live music is the most entertaining but having a DJ or a jukebox may be more suitable for small bars.
– Compatible prices for drinks and any food served. If the prices are too high, it would be difficult for most people to spend much time there.
– Extra entertainment is needed to keep people from getting bored while enjoying their favorite drink. Darts and pool are two of the most popular choices.
– A friendly talented bartender is always a great asset that can make or break any bar.
– A bar with a theme helps the customers relax and feel comfortable, but don’t go overboard.
– It should have plenty of bar stools and tables for you to relax while still having room to move around.
– Cleanliness is a must. No one wants to spend time in an establishment that is not clean even if it is a bar.
– It should maintain a certain standard for the regular customers. People go to bars to relax, socialize and have a great time, not to listen to arguments and run the risk of being involved in a fight. Anyone that constantly starts trouble should not be allowed.
These are just some of the things to look for when you’re trying to choose a favorite bar where you can spend your free time. To help you get started, below is a list of some of the top rated bars in the US:
– Highlands Bar & Grill – Birmingham, Alabama
– Toronado – San Francisco, California
– Cruise Room – Denver, Colorado
– Kelly’s Logan House – Wilmington, Delaware
– The Bahi Hut Lounge – Sarasota, Florida
– Brick Store Pub – Decatur, Georgia
– Hideout – Chicago, Hawaii
– High Life Lounge – Des Moines, Iowa
– Fat Matt’s Vortex – Kansas City, Kansas
– The Old Seelbach Bar – Louisville, Kentucky
– Napoleon House – New Orleans, Louisiana
– The Solon Hotel Bar – Solon, Maine
– The Brewer’s Art – Baltimore, Maryland
– Doyle’s Cafe – Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
– O’Malley’s 1842 Pub – Weston, Missouri
– Strange Brew Tavern – Manchester, New
– The Brooklyn Inn – Brooklyn, New York
– The Beachland Ballroom and Tavern – Cleveland, Ohio
– The Library Bar & Grill – Norman, Oklahoma
– Clyde Common – Portland, Oregon
– The Grey Lodge – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
– Moe’s Crosstown Tavern Charleston, South Carolina
– Ice House – Yankton, South Dakota
– Ginny’s Little Longhorn – Austin, Texas
– Shooting Star Saloon – Huntsville, Utah
– Zig Zag Cafe – Seattle, Washington
– The Mecklenburg Inn – Shepherdstown, West Virginia
– Nomad World Pub – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If one of these bars is located in your area, go in, find a comfortable bar stool and check them out. Who knows, one of these could be your new favorite bar.
Source by Ben Weissman