Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Tina Marie… they all rocked beautiful, full head hair extensions. In fact, fake wigs or pieces date back to Georgian Times. Ask your mother or even your grandmother, they will confirm this unbeweavable truth. There is no more wishing our hair could grow long or no more hoping it were possible to go short one day and back to a natural longer length the next day. The truth is that a woman with short hair can have long hair and a woman with long hair can have short hair!! And the best thing of course is that it is not permanent, but TEMPORARY. Get 10 fabulous facts that you need to know about hair weave that you probably didn’t know.
Below are a few TRUTHS about weaves to assist in your personal quest of hair satisfaction:
1. All women are wearing weaves! Black, White, Hispanic, Asian and any other ethnicity you can think of.
2. Weave is an accessory not a necessity. Even those of us with adequate amounts of our own hair LOVE to accessorize with weave!
3. Weave comes in all assortments of color.
4. There is a weave continuum: Synthetic hair, Synthetic Blend, Yaki Hair, Human hair, Virgin Hair, Virgin Remy Hair.
5. It is not just an Asian (continent) business model. For those interested in weave from a business sense, there’s room for all of us.
6. Ladies are not left at the mercy of bad weaves that cause scalp breakouts and shedding. You have options!
7. Your hair needs to be at least 3 inches long for a sew-in weave. The length of your hair does not matter if you are getting a bonded weave.
8. You may shampoo your sew-in weave every two weeks, or as needed. You cannot shampoo a bonded weave.
9. If you are thinking about transitioning to all natural, weaves offer some of the best styles both long and short styles alike. This is because they give your hair a break.
10. You can leave your weave in for 6 to 8 weeks as recommended if you are trying to grow your natural hair. The max is 4 months, if you have a full weave, the weave may still look good.
If you are considering a new style, going natural or simply want a new look, use these 10 fabulous facts about hair weave extensions so you won’t spend a fortune and not know what’s growing on your head.
Source by Detra Rhodes